Guidance notes for applications made under category 1
No more than 3 events per 12 month period will be permitted and there must be at least three months between each event.
Guidance notes for applications made under categories (2), (3) and (4) only.
(Additional conditions for Non 'opt out' schools applying under category (3))
- Each individual organisation to be allowed a maximum of three market type events per year.
- There must be at least a 28-day period between market type events held by the same organisation or between events held on the same site by different organisations.
- For any given site within the jurisdiction of the City Council's markets rights no more than 4 licences will be issued to defined organisations to operate market type events where the organiser makes a charge for space/stalls in any 12 month period.
- On any given date, within the jurisdiction of the City Council's markets rights, no more than 4 market type events where the organiser makes a charge for space/stalls will be licensed to defined organisations.
- Temporary markets will be limited to 50 stalls per daily event and car boot sales will be limited to 100 vehicles per daily event.
- Only second-hand goods, specialist items or approved home made items shall be offered for sale.
It should be noted that large car boot sales are more likely to cause environmental damage e.g. litter and create a nuisance for the community. Responsibility for enforcing standards lies with the police or personal claims against the organisers.
Changes to Policy (ac)
Print friendly version of the Temporary Market Licence
Occasional Temporary Markets