What is a Market?
A market is defined in law as a concourse of buyers and sellers.
There are a number of factors to be considered in determining whether or not an event constitutes a market, namely:
- The number of stalls. (Events with 4 stalls or less do not usually constitute a market)
- Is a payment received from the occupiers of the stalls?
- Is the event open to the public?
- Do the occupiers of the stalls retain any of the income from those stalls?
- For what purpose are the proceeds of the event to be used?
Print friendly version of the Temporary Market Licence
Occasional Temporary Markets